How To Turn Your Income Tax Return Into A New Truck In 6 Easy Steps
When it comes to towing and hauling, you don’t want a weak truck that can’t take the heat. The good news for drivers in Portage WI is that Dodge Ram is still offering a lineup of trucks that are stronger and more comfortable with each new model.
Whether you’re considering using your income tax return to invest in a new truck or you have your eye on a used Dodge Ram, it helps to have an idea of how to use your tax refund on a truck purchase.
With that in mind, here’s how you can use your tax return to get a new or used truck in just six simple steps.
- Get your tax refund. It’s never a good idea to assume the amount of your tax refund. Wait until you physically have your refund in your bank account before going to look at potential new or used trucks. The amount of your refund will have an impact on the following steps.
- Calculate what you can afford. Your budget is what determines what your options are for your next vehicle. Use an online auto loan calculator to figure out how much you can afford.
- Decide on a down payment or monthly payment. Once you know your budget, decide whether you want to use your income tax return to make a down payment. You can also use your tax return to make monthly payments on your vehicle.
- Find new or used trucks you want and can afford. Now that you have a better idea about your finances, you can start to identify new or used trucks that you want.
- Arrange financing. Before you go to buy a new or used truck, it helps to get approved for a car loan first. You can also get a car loan from a Ram truck dealership.
- Visit your dealership and find your truck. Now that you have the financing you need for your vehicle, you can visit your dealership of choice and start looking at new or used Dodge Ram trucks.
Looking for used trucks for sale?
It’s no secret that U.S. drivers love their trucks. In fact, pickup trucks alone account for 16.4% of auto sales in the United States.
You can save money on your next truck by investing in a used Dodge Ram. Between using your income tax return for a down payment and the price of a used truck from a Dodge dealership in Portage WI, you can get all the benefits of a new Dodge Ram at a fraction of the price.
To learn more about using your income tax return for used car loans or for more information on the 2019 Dodge Ram lineup, contact Portage CDJR about our truck inventory today.